Monday, June 20, 2011

Why create a blogger blog for Sorbile?

I haven't yet been asked, but hey, I like to consider myself a "proactivist". So let's talk about why someone would choose to start a blogger blog to promote their business. Hopefully, by getting all this information out my head, you'll understand just what the goal is from here. Then you can follow along, or join in with your own blog, to see how much I can accomplish.

So why start up a blog on blogger?


There are tons of other blogging sites available that I could have chosen to go through. Many of them are easier to navigate and blog with, as well as being more social media friendly. There are also other blogging sites with bigger communities built up. Though there is one thing that blogger has, that almost no other blogging site has - Google.

That's right my friends, Blogger.com is in sync with the Big Goog - which means that they get first pick when it comes to blog crawlers looking for more search engine content. So while I would probably choose another blogging site for something purely personal or hobby related, Blogger is just the tool I need to help my business build it's web presence.

Not only have I experienced this with a few former blogs (in small amounts), but it's also come highly suggested for business (especially cafepress shops) to promote themselves using Blogger above any other blog site. Sure you can use any other site to blog and then slowly build your presence on google, but why fight the tide? Blogging is hard enough for a busy business owner anyways!

So with this recent entrepreneurial endeavor, I'm really going to put Blogger, Google, Sorbile and myself to the test. It certainly won't be too easy at first, and I'm hoping the skills with sashay into place quickly, but we'll see.

If you're brave - follow me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment