Monday, June 20, 2011

Ron Paul & My first Sorbile Blog

I am proud to announce, that not only have I opened an awesome CafePress shop and filled it with sweet designs, but I have also figured out how to add pictures to blogger! Who says you can't learn something new everyday?

Now that I've gotten those two hurdles out of the way, it's high time on got on the wagon and started to work on my blogging skills. So what better way to start, then to get hip deep into blogger.com and start marketing Sorbile.

To start us out right, I'm going to open with one of my favorite (and newest) designs and topics - Ron Paul.

In my recent past, I have found myself with a growing interest in American politics. How it works, how it was designed, who's involved, what truths are hiding behind the curtains.... Pretty much anything and everything involving government and politics, I want to know about it. Otherwise, how can I form my own extravagant opinion about the going on's of our country? =)

One of my more recent obsessions has become Ron Paul. I've kept him on the back burner for a while, but in like of the upcoming election in 2012, I've decided it's high time to start getting to Ron Paul as intimately as one can through the internet. And because the internet is really my only source of information about him, I really didn't expect much. For the most part, politicians try to avoid becoming to transparent with the internet, which is what really surprised me about Ron Paul when I started getting into the dirty details - Ron Paul is one of the few open politicians on the internet. No other mugwump (favorite word), has as many wikipedia pages, articles, hubs and blogs dedicated to his work. For that matter, no other politician can say that they've been consistent about their beliefs and policy for 30+ years.

Because of his honesty, integrity and consistency - Ron Paul has earned himself a rather endearing nickname: The Godfather.

Some call him the Godfather of the Tea Party, others the Godfather of Liberty, and still more consider him the Godfather of the Revolution (the most recent one happening anyways). It was after spending lots of intimate time getting to know RP, that I took the time to carve out the above design. My idea was to give Ron Paul as physical a connection to his voting demographic, as he has in ideology. If you have done any research on generations, you'll notice that Ron Paul actually identifies with the youngest members of the voting population, which seems rather backwards when you consider his values, demeanor and appearance.

The task wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. At first I tried to make his image really flashy and bold. Then I try to make it kind of silly, cause everyone likes to laugh. But then I realized what I was doing wrong.. I was ignoring the "kiss method" (keep it simple stupid). So instead of being so unique you can't stand it, I took from one of his more prominent designs and made it my own. With the flip of a hat, Ron Paul now has some style - without losing that simple quality that does so well for him.

Now my only hope is that someone will want to have this design out front where it can shine on an XXXX T-shirt, bumper sticker, hoodie, hat or doggie tee. Or hey, who knows, I'm waiting for the foxy lady who buys a pair of sleek undies with "the godfather" printed on the front. Talk about a bold statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment